Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reality sinking in!

This weekend, we celebrated our arrival AND started putting name lists together. We had maybe 30 or so names, narrowed it down to 15 and then a short-list of 7 names. Something interesting Christine did was solicit name feedback from strangers and friends. We'd show the picture of Xin Mei, then read the names out loud slowly. I won't tell you the names yet, but needless to say, there were a few common ones liked by a few people already.

Everything we looked at, and people and kids we saw around us, gave us insight into what our upcoming life will be like. We talked about weekend sharing time, together and having personal space. We did some baby shopping on Sunday and will soon be starting a baby gift registry. We're going to try to get many organic or environmentally sound products for Xin Mei. It has been so much fun and I feel so happy right now! Almost everything has been coming together to this point and the burst of enthusiasm and anticipation I've felt, has been a surprise even to me. Christine of course, is delighted with my excitement!

Although we have a pretty good idea what we'll be doing when she comes home, it's surprising how much stuff we have to think about! And I'm sure this is only the beginning! Next week, I should have some videos of the proposal reading and reactions from our families for you to see/hear.

John

4 comments:

  1. Some of us are gettin' pretty impatient waiting for a name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting that there are at least 4 teeth in that beautiful little mouth, since bottom centres come in first usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly smokes, Christine & John, You made me cry! I've been totally behind on my e-mails, saw yours and freaked. While reading your 2st I was shaking and so SO excited for you. This is just so cool.
    She's a sweet-heart. Very nifty. Thanks for sharing.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she has a very happy, soft nature to her. Maybe we can celebreate her birthday and Nathan's at some point together! Kourosh and I are very excited for you and I have goosebumps reading your stories. Your life will change forever. P.S.-I have a couple of organic clothing items I can give you that Nathan will have grown out of!

    ReplyDelete