I never knew they even had skates that little...
It was John's birthday and we decided to go for breakfast and then ice-skating with the whole gang. Everyone was very excited to go and we were excited to get Maya out on the ice for the first time. After a bit of work putting her in her garden gnome fleece, her banana nylon-shell, her helmet head and her mini skates, we headed out. Maya wasn't sure what was wrong with her feet and kept looking at them. Why was she tipping over so much? Why did everyone else's feet look funny too?
Just as we got to the ice our camera chip was full. NOOOOOOO!! We're going to miss recording it! We had recorded several videos and a birthday party the night before and at John's birthday breakfast that morning, that the chip was full. After a few frantic moments of deleting some pictures, we had enough room on the chip for 3 very short videos. Charmaine was a master at helping us record this special moment.
On the ice, Maya was confused for a moment. Why do my knees keep bending every which-way? Why can't I stand up? What ARE these funny things on my feet? I don't know if she ever got suitable answers to her questions but she had a BLAST skating. Despite her head hanging down (maybe the hockey helmet was too heavy and she couldn't lift it?!) she laughed a lot, got her little size 6 feet moving along like she was walking and had a great time. The only crying from Maya happened when we put on the skates and when we had to leave the ice. John & I cried silently from the burn of our backs while trying to hold her up... ohhh...
This kid is a natural athelete!! Another successful event and one we'll definitely repeat!
OH Christine I loved this and can't believe how much she has grown.. love the "going out" outfit!!!! And the hair!! Oh it made me smile.. I'm hoping to take Caiya ice skating in Jan. or Feb.; we have an outdoor rink in our "uptown" area of Charlotte. Aren't we going to enjoy our first Christmases with our girls??? Hee hee!!
ReplyDeleteSo far it's been a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to the next week here and then one week with our friends at a cabin in the mountains on Vancouver island over New Years. After that, it's back to normal life...
ReplyDelete