I've been looking back at the blog entries that I made just one short year ago. I've also been looking at all of the YouTube videos we had posted up to this time last year. Maya has changed SOOOO much! It's wonderful to see how much she's grown, changed & developed. Maya loves watching these videos too and squeals excitedly 'That's baby Maya!!! Play it again!' So cute...
Maya's memories are really developing too. At breakfast this moring she said that Lyn (caregiver) wasn't going to be at daycare today. Sure enough, when we arrived, Lyn wasn't in. They must have mentioned it on Friday and Maya remembered! At least once a week, Maya holds up her toothbrush and says 'Doctor Charmaine gave me this!'. Maya had her dentist appointment 5 weeks ago! On the weekend, Maya held up a red t-shirt and said 'Emma gave me this!' Emma is my friend Leanne's daughter and they came to BC to visit us in September. September!! On occasion, she'll hold up her teddy bear and say 'Joshua gave me this!'. She got the bear from Joshua for her 2nd birthday - in May! How is it that a 30-month-old can have a memory like this?!
I'm REALLY going to have to watch what I say in the years to come because she's going to remember it (and likely use it against me)...
No comments:
Post a Comment