Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Juggling...

I've been back to work part-time for 6 weeks now and I'm finding things are slowly getting a bit easier now.  Balancing pick-up and drop-off times are challenging but we're lucky to have Maya in a full-time daycare that will look after her for as long as we need.  That's going to change in July when she starts pre-school and her days get shortened and we need to arrange 'after-school' care.  It's funny how pre-school is shorter and less convenient than day-care but costs so much more.  I guess it's like the bikini argument... the less fabric, the more it costs.

Juggling other things is getting easier too.  I have 2 week-days off each week and those 2 days are REALLY packed tight now with all of the things I used to spread over 5 days.  I'm actually busier on my days off than I am at work.  At times, I long for the days when we only had our apartment and nothing else.  No houses, no tenants, no house maintenance.  No car, no motorcycles, no maintenance on those.  No 2 businesses, few bills, no accounting.  Housekeeping was simple.  There were no gardens, hot tubs, cats, triathlons or 'things' to fill our days looking after.  We just enjoyed being together, going for walks and snuggling together at night with a movie or a book. 

On the good side, it is nice to be working again.  It gives me something to do (although not interesting), it brings in a tiny bit of money and gets my brain working again.  I would like to work part-time in my own industry but that doesn't look like its going to happen any time soon so I will continue to amuse myself in this way for a while longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment