Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Travel Vaccinations...

We went to get our travel vaccinations updated today & to get Maya's first travel shots done.  We had to get I.M. shots in the shoulder which hurt a bit more so wanted to prepare Maya.  I went first so she could see what would happen & I expained that it felt like a finger-nail pinch but that it didn't last long.  I had her Elmo ready for comfort, I even bought twizzlers (a rare candy offering) if she was brave.  She was a trooper! She watched carefully, asked questions then jumped up on Daddy's lap while I ran for my cell camera, lifted her sleeve and was ready.  The nurse was awesome & really quick.  Maya wasn't too thrilled for the first 10 seconds after the shot but stopped crying quite quickly then asked for a Twizzler....  Stomach over-rules pain again...

     
Right Before                         5 seconds later
(my cell camera wasn't fast enough to get the cry shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment