Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 15 - Panama Canal Cruise - Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Saturday October 6, 2012

I didn't get to see Costa Rica.  I'd eaten something that didn't agree with me the night before & had a few quick dashes to the bathroom that night but felt just fine by morning.  My family suggested I tell the medical centre about it in the morning but instead of taking my assurances that it was not an uncommon reaction for me, the medical centre suggested I stay on board for today. The gang had to go ashore without me :-(

Once off the ship, John realized that he had forgotten the camera and, in order to avoid going through the extensive security checks with Maya 2 more times, he called me and asked me to bring the camera out to him.  When I gave my room card to the scanner lady, my picture came up with a big red QUARANTINED banner flag on it.  Quarantined?!  I thought it was a 'suggestion' to stay on board.  Now its a 24 hour quarantine! 

The scanner lady almost jumped out of her skin!  She quickly handed my card back, took 2 steps back from me (seemingly holding her breath while doing so) & told me I was to return to my room immediately.  I reassured her 'I am NOT sick!' but she wasn't listening to it.  I gave her my camera (which she held by the strap only with her latex gloved hand) and asked her to give it to John who was standing right outside of security, waving at us.  She reluctantly gave it to the security officer to pass on to John. He got the camera & I got shoo'd back to my room.  Movies, books & room-service for the next 24 hours...

Here are some pics that I DIDN'T see or take...

     

    

      

No comments:

Post a Comment