Well, Maya has survived her 2nd week of daycare and is doing GREAT!!! The biting has settled down to only 2x this week, her sleeping has increased to 60-90 minutes a day, she's eating a lot, playing a lot and having a wonderful time. She even runs from me once I say it's time to go so I know she's not traumatized by being there...
The care-takers LOVE her enthusiam during story & play time as she cheers and claps very loudly. They also like her sense of humour (she laughs very heartily at funny things) and her empathy (she comforts other kids when they're crying). She's also an easy child to look after as she's a very clean eater, she tidy's up after herself, is quiet overall and not wild or destructive. They all obviously really enjoy having her there (I've watched them with her when they didn't know I was there)
Personally, I'm loving having her in daycare too. She's learning group social skills that I wouldn't be able to teach her; she has toys & play activities there that we don't have at home; she gets more tired-out so is easier to put to bed. Plus, I get 6 hours free a day to be me, run errands, get stuff done around the house & just enjoy life... (more on that later).
Over-all, this has been a good experience so far...
No comments:
Post a Comment