I could start singing the Beatles song but I can't sing so I'll spare you. Maybe I'll hum. 'Yesterday, dum, dum, all my troubles hum hum hum hum-hummmm...."
It's been 4 months since my last posting. 4 months! Can you believe it? I can't... So much has changed since then so instead of giving you a long monologue about our occurances, I'll summarize them:
-Yesterday, our girl turned 2 1/2 (going on 12)!
-M has grown 1" since September but has only gained 2 lbs since Feb. Tall & skinny!
-M started a new Daycare September 1 and loves it
-M speaks in complete sentences now and understands abstract ideas. Wow! She is so far advanced over her daycare playmates that we wonder if she's challenged enough. Time will tell...
-We finally got M's Nexus card which was the last bit of documentation we needed to get for her. Yeah!
-We go swimming with M every Monday and she's become a complete water-baby jumping off the pool edge without assistance & swimming under water
-We took M skating 2 weeks ago and within 45min went from not standing up to standing and shuffling. Such fun!
-We took M tobogganing today and she is a speed junkie too. Was going down on her tummy, alone, head-first. Skeleton athelete in the making for Olympics 2026.
-John has 2 businesses now and is considering starting a 3rd.
-John was sent by PMI to Washington, DC to speak at a national PMI conference in October. Whoot, Whoot!
-I trained for and completed a sprint distance triathlon in September. Yeah me.
-I've signed up and have begun training for an Olympic distance triathlon in April (which will be held in Kona, Hawaii - Holla!)
-I'm in phase 2 of my Project Management course and will be done Dec 8
-I haven't started studying for my PMP course yet. Big surprise!
-We've spent lots & lots of time with friends and are planning on spending lots more with them over the holidays. (Come January though we'll be sick of y'all!)
That's all I could come up with in my short 5 minute writing sprint.
More later...
Christine
(BTW, please post a comment or send me an email as I'm interested to know how many of you have dropped off and don't check this blog any more. After 4 months of neglect, it can only be expected)
Hey, girl.. I still check and think of you often; love to see how our girls are growing! I wish Caiya was as confident in the water as Maya.. she's still a little reluctant although she LOVES the water but she's not quite to the point of swimming by herself! I think of you often and am SO jealous of your upcoming training for the marathon in Hawaii! My parents just got back from a month there and had an AWESOME time!
ReplyDeleteHi Christine, I'm still here. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteAbout time!
ReplyDeleteStill here and love the updates.............even after 4 months!
ReplyDelete