Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Date Night

John & I LOVE eating out. The opportunity to sit together, face to face, in a dimly lit booth, share a nice wine and make our selection of meal from a list of decadently prepared options, and have someone else cook it, serve it & clean up is just the ultimate in luxury for us. We'd do it every day if we could...

Luckily, Maya seems to love restaurant food too. Now, we don't give her the wine or MOST of what we eat, but she seems to love the IDEA of it. We can take her normal food (what she's been refusing at home for the past several days), and serve it to her in a restaurant, on a restaurant plate, and she'll gobble it down throwing her head back and going 'mmmmmm' the whole time. It's actually quite entertaining. If we feed her with chop-sticks, all the better.

On Friday, John & I decided to have a proper, dress-up date night, with Maya, and see how it would go. Maya was changed in to a cute little dress with pig tails, pretty shoes & her pink dressy trench coat. John & I both dressed up as well and I even put on high heels (its been quite a while since I've had those on). Maya seemed to sense the 'specialness' of the night and was wonderful! She was in a good mood, behaved well, ate LOTS of food, played & coloured quietly, walked around the restaurant waving & saying hello to the other patrons and let John & I enjoy our first 'family' date night of many to come. It was a special night...

No comments:

Post a Comment