Not in the way you think though... I'm going to be a 'performer' in the opening ceremonies! Many months ago VANOC had an audition call for people wanting to be in the opening, closing or medal award ceremonies. I thought the audition would be something interesting to do, even if I didn't get chosen as a performer. I filled out my on-line application and waited. I got the call to audition as a dancer first as I had 'implied' that I could dance... a bit. I went, had a fun time and left assuming that I'd likely not get chosen. Weeks later, I was contacted again to audition for roller-blading. Something I can do quite well... forward, in a straight line as long as its not too fast, bumpy or hilly. I went, had a fun time and left assuming that I'd LIKELY get chosen. The audition only required me to skate to a beat, in line with other skaters. My YEARS of precision skating had CERTAINLY prepared me for that! Sure enough, I got chosen for roller-blading. Yipee!
I don't know much about it yet. The Canadian fashion designers D2 are doing the costumes, practices start Dec 20 (only 6 weeks of practice means that it WON'T be a hard routine!) and, no, I don't get free tickets or the chance to stay and watch. But I'll be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment