Saturday, September 26, 2009

Swimming Lessons

After seeing how well Maya took to the water on our first outing, we figured that we had better get this girl in to the water on a regular basis - and not the bathtub kind of water. So, I enrolled her in swim classes. Every Wednesday and Friday mornings, we head over to Killarney pool for DUCK swimming classes. Our girl is a natural and only hesitates when we're trying to get her to do back floats. Otherwise, she's all over the stuff. She's even jumped in the pool on her own a few times. There's a lesson to be had for this one as she jumped in when John wasn't looking. A bit of a shock for both of them! Now, she'll only do it if she has at least one of our hands so that's a good thing. Maya already can do everything in the water that is requested of her so the class is meant more for socialization and a regular pool visit. I'll have to refresh myself on the course requirements so I can keep on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment