Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The true test
After 5 months of having both parents at home, John is returning to work tomorrow. Maya won't know what's happening as much as I will but it will be an adjustment for both of us. I've been so priviledged to be able to evenly co-parent since we came home from China. Now, I'm going to have to parent full-time from 7:30am to 6:30pm 5 days a week! For those of you already doing this and/or doing it with multiple kids, I'm sure you're laughing right now. But for me, this is quite intimidating! Gone are the days that I can meet girlfriends for lunch or go out shopping alone while John looks after Maya. I'm going to have to do these things with her now.... Yikes! The irony of the situation is also not lost on me - I'll finally have the money to shop but will no longer have the freedom to do so... Crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tee hee hee. Sorry, had to say it!
ReplyDeleteOh, girl.. I can't wait to hear about your full-time single-parenting.. just in time as I return to teaching Monday! We're trading roles. I hope things go well for you...it's not easy!
ReplyDelete